Insomnia is the inability to fall asleep or stay asleep.
Many Factors Can Add to Insomina
- Stress - When cortisol is pumping high and you are constantly thinking you will not be able to sleep
- Medication Withdrawal - when some people are coming off of opioids or other medications you can have insomnia because brain chemistry has been altered.
- Pain - many conditions from arthritis to cancer can cause pain. This can keep you from sleeping at night.
- Sleep Apnea - this is a condition where you stop breathing in short durations at night keeping you from a good night sleep.
- Medications - some medications can keep a person up all night.
- Alzheimer’s Disease - some Alzheimer’s patients have their days and nights mixed up causing insomnia
- Sluggish Liver - When your body isn’t detoxifying toxins can build up causing you to wake up at night because the body needs energy to detoxify.
- Blood Sugar - If blood sugars are low the brain will wake you up because the brain needs fuel.