Insomnia is the inability to fall asleep or stay asleep.
Many Factors Can Add to Insomina
- Stress - When cortisol is pumping high and you are constantly thinking you will not be able to sleep
- Medication Withdrawal - when some people are coming off of opioids or other medications you can have insomnia because brain chemistry has been altered.
- Pain - many conditions from arthritis to cancer can cause pain. This can keep you from sleeping at night.
- Sleep Apnea - this is a condition where you stop breathing in short durations at night keeping you from a good night sleep.
- Medications - some medications can keep a person up all night.
- Alzheimer’s Disease - some Alzheimer’s patients have their days and nights mixed up causing insomnia
- Sluggish Liver - When your body isn’t detoxifying toxins can build up causing you to wake up at night because the body needs energy to detoxify.
- Blood Sugar - If blood sugars are low the brain will wake you up because the brain needs fuel.
Schedule an Appointment
If you’re having trouble sleeping, schedule an appointment today and we’ll work with you to identify the cause and then help identify appropriate treatments. Everything in life goes better with a good nights rest.