The Basal Ganglia, an area is the brain, sets the level of anxiety. When the Basal Ganglia is over firing this is when people can be overanxious, have panic attacks, fear, depression, and be stuck on the thought that could be causing anxiety. Other factors may also cause anxiety e.g. imbalance of neurotransmitters, under or over function of the thyroid, adrenal fatigue, and/or hormone imbalance.
Some other medical conditions that can cause anxiety are Asthma, COPD, Hypoglycemia, Pneumonia, Rabies, etc.
It is best to get testing done through blood, saliva, and scans to find the cause of the anxiety and so to have treatment targeted to the cause and not just the symptoms.
Anxiety Can Also Be Combined With Depression
- Generalized Anxiety - Which as nervous feeling, predicts the worst, and self-medicates to stay calm
- Generalized Depression - is feeling hopeless, low energy, poor appetite, and insomnia
- Mixed Anxiety and Depression - is a combination of insomnia with stress eating, predicting the worst, feeling hopeless
- Overfocused Anxiety/Depression - is holding grudges, worrying, and being way over focused on the issue.
- Temporal lobe Anxiety/Depression - is memory problems, learning disabilities, mood swings, and irritability
- Cyclic Anxiety/Depression - is mood swings like PMS
- Unfocused Anxiety/Depression is low energy, with foggy brain, sadness, and anxiety
All of these can be seen on SPECT Brain scans and treatment can be targeted to help with the symptoms.
Schedule Appointment Today
If you suffer from anxiety, let us help. At Burns Integrative Wellness Center we understand that anxiety can have many causes. We will work with you to understand what is causing your anxiety and help identify appropriate treatments.