If you are waking up in the morning after a night of indulging in alcoholic beverages, you may have a hangover.
What Is a Hangover?
A hangover happens when you drink too much alcohol. Alcohol has a dehydrating effect on the body by causing a person to pee more than usual. Which in turn decreases electrolytes. Your liver couldn’t keep up with detoxifying the intake either.
Signs and Symptoms Of a Hangover
- Fatigue and weakness
- Excessive thirst and dry mouth
- Headaches and muscle aches
- Nausea, vomiting or stomach pain
- Poor or decreased sleep
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound
- Dizziness or a sense of the room spinning
- Decreased ability to concentrate
- Mood disturbances, such as depression, anxiety and irritability
- Rapid heartbeat
Are There Any Medical Treatments For a Hangover?
Intravenous therapy is the best way to help with the hangover.
Why? Because what IV therapy can do in 30 minutes to rehydrate you could take your body up to 6 hours just by drinking water alone. I’m not sure if I would want to feel miserable for 6 hours when I could feel better in 30 minutes.
We can add in other things like vitamins and amino acids to help replenish your body from the losses of the previous evening.