Platelet Rich Plasma [PRP] or Vampire Facelift
At Burns Integrative Wellness Center the PRP Facelift is one of the services we are most excited to offer. We love this procedure because of the improvements we see combined with the positive feedback we get from our patients. This is life changing for our patients.
How would you like to…
- Look younger
- Have more youthful skin
- Look more vibrant
- Look more healthy
The PRP facelift uses your bodies healing nutrients to rejuvenate your face. The procedure is similar to Botox injections, but since we are using the patients’ blood as the source of the healing nutrients, there is no risk of infection. The other difference between PRP injections compared to Botox is that the collagen is being repaired as opposed to having facial muscles frozen.
How long till I see results?
Patients will see results within 3 months and can receive touch-up treatments every 3 to 6 months.
How is a PRP Facelift Done? How long does the procedure take?
At Burns Integrative Wellness Center we have all the equipment and expertise to perform PRP treatments for facial rejuvenation. The procedure is safe and straightforward. Patients can have their first treatment done on their initial visit with us.
- First, the patients’ blood will be drawn and centrifuged to concentrate the platelets.
- While the centrifuge is running, the patients face will be cleaned and prepared with a numbing solution.
- Once the PRP is concentrated from the centrifuge, the white blood cells and plasma will be drawn up and prepared for introduction into the desired areas.
- PRP Injections are then done. This requires a mixture of medical and artistic skills customized to a patient by patient basis.
- Complete procedure typically takes less than 1 hour from start to finish. From there, the PRP will start the healing and reverse years of damage to your skin.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP?
PRP is a concentrated mixture of several different growth factors and other cytokines that are present in our blood. These healing nutrients can help speed recovery from soft tissue damage. While we love seeing the results of our artistic and medical skills through the PRP Facelift, we also use PRP to treat sports injuries and hair loss.