Microneedling… Is it for You?
Notes From Video
Anti-Aging is NOT a new topic.
Some of my patients tell me that aging is for the strong, not the weak and others tell me the golden years are not exactly golden.
Contributors to Wrinkles as We Age Are:
- Sun damage over the years. No sunscreen
- Lower estrogen affects collagen and elastin in the skin in women.
- Lack of sleep
- Drinking with a straw [Wrinkles around mouth]
- Inflamatory foods like processed meats
- Food Allergies
- Highly salty foods
- Fast Food
- High saturated fats
Ways to Reduce / Remove Wrinkles
- Sun Screen
- Hydration – Staying hydrated great for overall health including skin.
- Freeze Muscles [Botox]
- RF fractional treatments
- Chemical Peels
- 1-2 times a week
- Sluff off dead skin
- Dead skin trapped in wrinkles can make them appear deeper
- Done at med spa our at our office
- Botox, Dysport, Xeomin
- Can be combined with Microneedling
- Freezing muscles provides short-term, immediate results
- Microneedling provides long-term results
Over the Counter Microneedle Treatments
- Cross-contamination issues with reusing needle
- Does not have the control that a doctor has
In Office [Doctor or MedSpa] Microneedle Treatments
- Needles are One Time Use – Reusing needles is against the law.
- Will NOT be contaminating skin from previous treatments
- Greater control over treatment procedure, depth of needling
- Can reduce acne scars
- Can reduce surgical scars
- Can reduce deep lines and wrinkles
Microneedling can be combined with several other anti-aging treatments such as:
Takes More Than One Treatment
Some offices will sell packages of 3-4 treatments. It may take 3 treatments, could take 6-8 treatments or more depending upon the work that needs to be done. For Scar tissue, it is best to come in every 2 weeks to help break up the tissue and help new tissue regrow. Microneedling can be used to treat acne scars, surgical scars, or accidental scars in addition to treating wrinkles that come with age.
Quick Tips to Help Revitalize Your Skin
Use an over the counter hyaluronic acid serum. When applying makeup, start with the serum. Start with light and then add heavier products.
- Over the counter hyaluronic acid serum
- Rest of makeup
Make sure you stay hydrated. Use sunscreen. Use Aloe or Prickly Pear Cactus after being in the sun. Also possible to have estrogen compounded into moisturizing cream for those that are estrogen deficient.
In December, we will be talking about weight loss options. We will be talking about new options with genetic testing.